Monday, February 25, 2013

Clean Chocolate Chip Banana Bread

TRUTH - I buy two bunches of bananas just hoping that some of them will turn brown before we use them all up, giving me an excuse to make banana bread! My hopes and dreams came true (well sort of) and I had 3 brown bananas, just the way I like them.


And so naturally I made banana bread. I may be going out on a limb here but this is by far the BEST clean banana bread I have made to date. It is moist, fluffy and slightly sweet. I had trouble not eating the entire loaf straight out of the oven.

Read more»

Get Fit For Summer- Just Do it Nike Giveaway

Can you believe it’s almost already March?! It seems like just yesterday we were ringing in the New Year.

2013 has been a great year for me so far. I have stuck to clean eating 80% of the time and have never felt better. The other 20% I watch what I eat but still treat myself on occasion. Balance is key otherwise I would go crazy and over indulge.

I also got my acceptance letter to Western Washington University. I will start attending the University in the spring and could not be more excited! I have been working to get into Western for quite some time, and now that it is a reality it feels surreal.

Read more»

Wednesday, February 13, 2013

Maple Cinnamon Cashew Butter Recipe

If you follow me on Instagram (@kitchenqueeneats) you know I am OBSESSED with nut butter. Peanut butter, cashew butter, almond butter, sunflower seed butter all makes me one happy girl!! It is my guilty pleasure that I don't have to feel all that guilty about because all of these nuts are packed with healthy fats. Don't fear the fat people- your body needs it to function.

I discovered that nut butter was EASY peasy to make at home a couple months ago. All you need is nuts and a food processor and your good to go.

Recipe Rundown:
Read more»

Tuesday, February 12, 2013

Baked Maple Rosemary Salmon

This salmon is super easy to make and one of my go-to weeknight meals!


Ingredients-

2 salmon filets
Rosemary- fresh or dried
Fresh cracked pepper
Garlic powder
Maple Syrup

1. Preheat oven to 300. Line baking sheet with foil.

2. Place salmon on baking sheet and sprinkle with rosemary, pepper, and garlic powder. Spread maple syrup over salmon with a spoon- I use about a tsp per filet.

3. Bake in the oven for 20-25 mins, until you see the white fats starting to release.

Serve next to your favorite vegetables and enjoy!!
Read more»

Saturday, February 2, 2013

Gluten Free Peach Streusel Muffins

Ever since I saw this recipe in Clean Eating Magazine I knew I wanted to make these muffins!! I love peaches and frankly wish they were in season year round. Since finding a good peach up here in Washington in the middle of winter is near impossible, I decided to thaw some frozen peaches and chop them up. This recipe just couldn't wait until peach season came back around. Use what you have- fresh is always best but frozen or canned will do. My only complaint about these muffins is they were not very sweet. I figured the natural sweetness from the peaches would be enough. Next time I plan to add more stevia or some honey, and I suggest you do too!


Read more»